Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I still feel like crap; but here's something interesting...

Here’s the thing: Dean never attends anything at my church. I’m very active at my church. I march in the Gay pride parade. I teach the 3 and 4 year old class. I lead the Monday night meditation group. I attend numerous classes. And I do lots of other things that I can’t remember now. Dean’s been to meditation one time. He occasionally attends Sunday services; but only if it’s a Sunday when I’m not teaching – which is rare. And he’s never, ever attended a class. So I told him last week that I was going to attend this class on sexuality at my church and asked him if he would attend. I fully expected him to say no. But he said, “ok.” That’s it. Ok. So I signed him right up and we’ll attend our first class tomorrow. I’m kinda nervous about having him there now. But it should make for good blog fodder. Here are the class details:

Our Whole Lives for Adults
First Unitarian Church of Dallas
5 Thursday Evenings
Sept. 25 - Oct. 23

Join us for a comprehensive exploration of human sexuality. Our Whole Lives (OWL) for Adults age 24 and up is not a "health class" that Ward & June Cleaver would recognize, but rather a frank and thorough look at all aspects of adult sexuality. This interactive program provides opportunity for discussion, honest Q & A, and even role play without vague meaning, coded language, or self-conscious snickers. This is the real thing for real adults.

The class curriculum honors sexuality as a valid expression of our complete lives. It helps participants clarify values, build fulfilling relationships, and understand the spiritual, emotional, and social aspects of sexuality and how these deeply held ideals impact feelings, sense of self-worth, and ability to build meaningful relationships. OWL also investigates how society reflects and is influenced by collective sexual values--especially related to issues of respect and justice.

Change the world one loan at a time - visit Kiva.org to find out how.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on now - men are always down to do anything that starts with "S-E-X..." Good luck tomorrow - should be a little more interesting than aqua fitness! Can't wait to hear about it!!

Jill said...

So, how was your first class?

Jill said...

I'm sorry...I must of missed this...Did you say you MARCHED in the Gay Rights Parade? Oh lord......

Jessica and Matt said...

So funny that he agreed... with his simple, "ok." :D And I agree w/Denise--anything having to do with XEX. That's what we called it when I was little... "X-E-X." Well, that, or the "Mmmm mmmm feel good." LOL!!

Jill said...

She's not kidding either. She really did call "it" that!

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW!!! That's SOOO Funny! We're TOTALLY bringing the "Mmmm mmmm feel good" phrase into the Booth household... effective immediately!