Wednesday, November 5, 2008

O Happy Day!

Here’s the thing… I have hope. I have been so frustrated and angry, and most of all sad for the direction we have been headed as a country these last 8 years. In fact, I've been so emotional about this issue, I haven't even been able to blog about it. I have been embarrassed and ashamed by our foreign and domestic policies. And now I am proud. I am proud of our country and our people.

As we sat watching Barack’s first speech last night as President Elect, Dean looked like Jesse Jackson. He had tears streaming down his face. I don't think I ever loved him more than I did in that moment. He GETS it! This is big! Change has come to America.

I don't know if President Obama (Wow! I LOVE the sound of that) will be able to fulfill the promise of his vision given the current state of the economy and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. But I can't help but think that his message of hope and inspiration, aspiration, diversity, and inclusivity will help him to accomplish more than the Bush/GOP's legacy of fear, secrecy, and white-dominated exclusivity has.

God bless Barack Obama and God bless the USA.

Change the world one loan at a time - visit Kiva.org to find out how.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I have hope that you will post a new blog soon! update please. I need the 411 in your life.