Friday, September 10, 2010

I'm awake . . . now.

So I was just about to get into bed. Yes, I know it's only 10:00 on Friday night. But if you've been following my posts then you know I'm sick. Anyway, back to the story. . . So I was just about to get into bed and I noticed something on the floor by the bed. Ordinarily i wouldn't think much of it. But our housekeeper came yesterday and we don't usually start throwing things on the floor so soon after her visits. I thought I'd better turn the light on and have a closer look. It was a perfectly coiled snake. He didn't move at all so I suspected that he was not feeling very well-- or worse. So, I did what I'm sure most of you would do: threw Stella to Dean, who was already in bed, and said, "Take the dog. There's a snake on the floor." Then I ran to the kitchen and grabbed the appropriate supplies-- iPhone, magazine and large plastic cup. I returned to the snake and tried to get the just right angle on him to take a pic to share with all of you (let me tell you, Dean wasn't very happy about that!). And as it turns out neither was the snake. He woke up and started slithering straight for me. I had to chase him through the room while Dean shouted really useful instructions from the safety of the bed. I finally caught him and released him to the jungle of our front yard. Now I'm wide awake! The snake probably is too. And alas, I have no picture to show for my efforts.

1 comment:

Jill said...

How did I miss this post?! OH MY.....I would have had to call 911. Seriously!